Today is the birthday of one of the most important musicians of rock history, the one and only former singer/songwriter/bassist of Pink Floyd-Mr. Roger Waters. In the honor of his birthday, we gathered a few fun facts that you probably didn’t know about. Enjoy!
1) Waters was actually going to play the guitar in the band. He then switched to bass and even once said that they were going to consider him as the drummer.
2) He was the director of the Cambridge Youth Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament at the age of 15.
3) The song “Arnold Lane” is based on a real person that Roger knew, who steal women’s clothes and knickers from the washing lines.
4) He is one of the 10 most selling bassists in the world.
5) Discussing the lyrics of Pink Floyd, he once told The Roling Stone: “There was no point in Gilmour, Mason or Wright trying to write lyrics because they’ll never be as good as mine. Gilmour’s lyrics are very third-rate.”